Mitsubishi Fuso Introduces New Generation Canter in Singapore
November 6, 2005
|||New light-duty truck offers more interior space, more comfort and more safety|
|||Product introduction to help extend companys strong presence in Singapore|
|||Mitsubishi Fuso is the leading commercial vehicle brand in Southeast Asia|
Tokyo/Singapore Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corporation, one of Asias leading commercial vehicle manufacturers, today launched its new generation Canter light-duty truck for the Singapore market. Featuring a stylish, modern cab with the latest safety features, the new vehicle is designed for safe, reliable and efficient operation. The new Canter was introduced to over 1,000 customers, truck drivers and guests during an event presented by MFTBCs Singapore distributor, Goldbell Engineering.
Bert van Dijk, MFTBC Board member and responsible for International Sales & Service, said, We believe current and potential Singapore customers will be delighted with the new generation Canter. This new vehicle provides greater interior room, improved functionality and enhanced safety. It is an improved version of what the Canter has always been: safe, reliable, functional, comfortable, economical, and versatile.
Key features of the new Canter include:
|||Spacious and comfortable cab with excellent ergonomics|
|||RISE (Realized Impact Safety Evolution) cab and chassis structure for maximum safety|
|||In-dash gearshift for convenience and comfort.|
|||Independent front suspension system on select models for optimal ride and comfort.|
|||Powerful and efficient engines|
|||Model range from 3.5 tons to 7.7 tons GVW (gross vehicle weight)|
The new Canter is available immediately at Fuso dealerships in Singapore. The product is built at MFTBCs Kawasaki manufacturing plant in Japan.
Mr. van Dijk added, The new Canter will help Mitsubishi Fuso expand its strong position in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
Mitsubishi Fuso is one of best-selling commercial vehicle brands in Singapore. In 2005 through September, Mitsubishi Fuso has sold approximately 1,600 units in Singapore, matching last years strong sales performance year to date. The company offers a comprehensive range of light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses for the Singapore market.
Donation to Singapore Red Cross
As a gesture of goodwill during the new Canter introduction in Singapore, Mitsubishi Fuso announced a donation of S$25,000 to the Singapore Red Cross. The funds will be used to assist victims of the South Asia Earthquake and for local causes. We are proud of our presence in Singapore and are very pleased to support Singapore-based charitable efforts, Mr. van Dijk said.
Leader in Southeast Asia
Overall, Mitsubishi Fuso is the commercial vehicle leader in Southeast Asia with very strong presence throughout the region. In Indonesia, for example, Fusos market share is almost 60 percent.
In 2004, MFTBC sold in the international markets outside Japan approximately 115,000 commercial vehicles (+25% versus 2003).
DaimlerChrysler AG owns 85% of MFTBC shares. The remaining 15% of shares continue to be held by various Mitsubishi group companies. Mitsubishi Fuso is an integral part of DaimlerChryslers Commercial Vehicles Division.