Mitsubishi Fuso Completes Integration of Domestic Dealers
|Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) announced today the integration of its 26 consolidated domestic dealers as of March 1, 2006.
As of today MFTBC, one of Asias leading commercial vehicle manufacturers, becomes the first automotive company in Japan to make sales and services a core function with a full integration of its domestic dealer network. As announced on November 28, 2005, Customer Benefits Through Integration marks the focus of MFTBCs renewal process in the current phase 2 started in fall 2005. In addition to the ongoing integration of Fuso into DaimlerChrysler Commercial Vehicles on a global scale, a far-reaching integration of domestic business operations marks the second pillar of this integration approach.
The dealer integration marks the core of this domestic integration process, which will complemented by further integration steps in the area of R&D, production or the relocation of the head office to Kawasaki later this year. The dealer integration will raise the number of MFTBC employees from 4,600 to 13,600 though there will be no change on a consolidated basis.
DaimlerChrysler AG owns 85% of MFTBC shares. The remaining 15% of shared are held by various Mitsubishi group companies. Fuso is an integral part of DaimlerChryslers Commercial Vehicles Division.