Keisuke Egashira to Retire as MFTBC Chairman,
Kawasaki - Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC), one of Asia’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers, today announced that Keisuke Egashira (77) is retiring as Chairman of the company. He is succeeded by current Vice Chairman Takao Suzuki (65).
Mr. Egashira has served as MFTBC Chairman since July 2005. Prior to joining MFTBC, Mr. Egashira held leadership positions for DaimlerChrysler in Japan and also served as Chairman of the Japan Automobile Importers Association in 2000-2005. He began his career in the financial industry with Nomura Securities.
In October 2008, he was awarded the “Bundesverdienstkreuz” (Order of Merit) of the Federal Republic of Germany, for his lifetime achievements in fostering Germany-Japan relationships in the world of business, arts and music.
Mr. Egashira will continue as an adviser to MFTBC.
Mr. Suzuki has been serving as MFTBC Vice Chairman since July 2008, involved in external affairs initiatives. Prior to joining MFTBC, he was Chairman of the Japan Organization of Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation. He has also held numerous leadership positions in other Japan industrial organizations as well as the country’s Ministry of International Trade and Industry, today known as the Ministry of the Economy, Trade and Industry. His past positions in this Ministry include Director-General of the Environmental Protection and Industrial Location Bureau and Director of the Automobile Division, Machinery and Information Industries Bureau. He also formerly served as Vice Chairman and President of the Japan Automobile Manufactures Association, lnc.
The above appointments were confirmed during a meeting of MFTBC’s shareholders today, and are effective immediately. Other changes include the following:
Mr. Matthias Gruendler, already serving as MFTBC’s Vice President of Finance & Controlling, will become a Representative Director of the company.
Mr. Yoshitaka Taniyama, already serving as MFTBC's Vice President of Sales & Service Domestic and Quality Management, will become a Representative Director of the company.
Mr. Junichi Watanabe, of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. will become of member of MFTBC’s Board. He succeeds Mr. Kozo Shiraji, of Mitsubishi Corporation, who will retire from the company’s Board.
Mr. Masayuki Nagano, formerly Vice President of Sales & Service Domestic for MFTBC, also will retire from the Board.
Based in Kawasaki, Japan, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) is one of Asia's leading commercial vehicle manufacturers. In 2008, the company sold a total of about 197,700 vehicles including light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses. Daimler AG owns 85% of MFTBC shares. The remaining 15% of shares are held by various Mitsubishi group companies. MFTBC is an integral part of the Daimler Trucks Division of Daimler AG.